- Truffle Truffle‘s straight-from-the-bakery almond cream and berry POP tarts.
- Custom tables made on-site (!) from the high-design mind of Zak Rose.
- A free Vintage Vine Bloody Mary made with Tito’s Handmade Vodka.
- Fresh made-in-Chicago menswear from Stock Mfg. Co. + Fourth is King.
- On-the-house pours of Rolling Meadows Brewery‘s award-winning beer.
- Pop-color home updates care of Unison, Shop 1021 and Milkhaus Design.
- Gorgeous new bags and to-die-for dresses fresh from Roslyn for Spring 2013.
- Free pours of fine wines from our palate-pleasing friends, Winestyr.
- Freshly rolled gnocchi from Chef Dan at a tavola and more to take home.
- Gilt Photo Booth strips to share with your crew to capture your fantastic looks.
- Standout sparkle from five of the best jewelry designers and purveyors in the city.
- The street cred of a custom, hand-built bicycle from Legacy Frameworks.
- An all-natural shamrock shake from Homer’s Ice Cream, only at DOSE.
- DOSE pops + all of Vintage Confections‘ eye- and mouth-pleasing lollies.
- A Stumptown caffeine kick, breakfast and bread direct from Little Goat.
THE 411 ON DOSE MARKET
What: DOSE, serving up the finest food and fashion in Chicago, one Sunday a month (dosemarket.com)
When: TODAY! Sunday, March 10, 2013, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.
Transportation: Nearest El stop at Grand Red Line, or 4-hour parking for $6 with DOSE validation in the garage across from the River East Art Center (456 E. Illinois St.), on the north side of the street before the light Peshtigo Ct.
Price: $10 at the door
Let’s face it, the holiday’s are all about eating, so embrace it and kick off your holiday food fest with some kick-ass grub while checking everyone (even the dog) off your holiday gift list. Here’s how it’s about to go down on Sunday, 12/9:
So, Brown Bag Lunch Truck let Dose + Potluck Creative tag along for a morning this week. From early am prep to lunch, we tasted our way through a day in the life of a food truck. Last month it was chicken and waffles, this month Joaquin is keeping tight lipped on what he’s got planned for HoliDose, he does however promise some never before seen specials. Herewith, a Dose of BBLT!
Continuing on our food fest…. Big Delicious Planet has been catering to some of the biggest names in rock n’roll for years and we are stoked to have them dishing out their big deliciousness for the first time at Dose. Vegetarian (or not so vegetarian if you like) breakfast burritos, two types of chili and smoked gouda mac & cheese — BDP is pulling out all the stops. BAM!
Donuts rule. Old fashioned, glazed, cinnamon sugar, WHATEVER, Do-Rite can do no wrong. Dunked in a hot cup of Big Shoulders special HoliDose roast…it just doesn’t get much better than that.
There’s no denying we love the sausage, and we’ve been in love with Spencer’s Jolly Posh authentic meats from across the pond for a long time. Get ready for some traditional rashers (lean back-bacon) and two varieties of premium bangers (extra-juicy sausages). While you’re getting down on their sausage, check out their selection of gift baskets for your foodie friends.
You’re going to want to wash all of the above down with any one (or two) oh so delicious complimentary cocktails from Koval + McClure’s (Bloody Mary magic), Bittercube (these guys are the definition of artisanal), Travis Hasse Apple Pie Liqueur (a digestif and dessert all in one) and let’s not forget Begyle Brewing – they may be the new kids on the block, but we think you’re going to be besties real quick.
Hungry? Get your tickets here. See you Sunday and maybe consider fasting until then?
Take a minute to peruse our menu and, remember, sampling is encouraged. So is stuffing your face.
It’s Sunday, screw any diet you were considering and relish in a little southern comfort from Brown Bag Lunch Truck – they’re dishing out buttermilk brined fried chicken and waffles, creamy coconut mashed potatoes and charred elotes on the side. Can we get an mmm mmm?!
Ooh la la! Crepes à la française get in your belly by way of Penny Pastry. These pretty pastries aren’t pretentious, they’re downright f*&^ing delicious — with fillings like pumpkin crunch, ham and cheese and apple spice — we’ll be back thrice.
Our favorite moonlighting fisherman, John Each, shares his fresh catch and serves up bagels and lox made with smoked Alaskan Salmon as Dose goes delicatessen on 11.11.
Dose favorite Karl’s Craft Soup is back to warm you up with hearty bowls of Chicken, Smoked Sausage and White Bean soups. Veggie? No problem, try Smokey Pumpkin Bisque. Vegan? We recommend Kale, Portobello and Wheatberry.
If you just want more cheese, please, get it hot betwixt two slices of buttery Italian bread — nothing but real home cookin’ from Mrs. Dorsey’s Kitchen. Your inner wild child looking for a release? Go nuts and add a slice of tomato, honey baked ham or, yum(!), pineapple.
Sip on a made to order fresh fruit smoothes from Loop Juice, helping you meet your daily vitamin needs while satisfying your inner sun goddess.
Mellow bodied with hints of citrus and toffee, 2PACas roasted by Dark Matter will keep you feelin like a gangsta all day.
Alcohol before noon? Duh! Sip on cerveza by 5 Rabbit Brewery, spiked punch from Femme du Coupe (we hear she’s shakin’ up a little something new….), and tempt your palate with a wine tasting from Diamond Wine.
Who doesn’t? Dose delivers the delicious 11.11 with 60 Dosers doling out the season’s finest delights.
11.11 comes around just once a year. Happily, Dose lands on this fortuitous day, bringing together a whole lot of goodness. Here’s how to get lucky this Sunday:
- Kick your morning into overdrive with a vitamin-packed, made to order, fresh fruit smoothie from Loop Juice and il n’est pas si! Penny Pastry Doses sweet and savory crêpes. Délicieux!
- Score a cooler than cool mobile from Industrial Evolution or get down with sleek, mid-century modern finds from Modern Cooperative.
- Beer, wine and liquor, it’s the Dose rule of three! Sip a cerveza from 5 Rabbit Brewery, dip into the Femme du Coupe punch bowl or get in on a flight from Diamond Wines – your choice, gratis!
- Lube up with Old Town Oil, properly dress your greens with goodness from Pigtale Twist, snack on Gourmet Grassfed all natural beef jerky and get in on The Brinery‘s perfect pickles.
- Snap up a fresh new scent from Goest Perfumes then quench your skin with the most excellent in hydrating emollients from Bonnie.
- Perk up with Dark Matter‘s delicious Unicorn Blood, a few handfuls of bourbon caramel corn from Salted Caramel and a cruffle (truffle cake + rich chocolate shell + dusting of fleur de sel) one-bite delight fromLizzie’s Bake Shoppe.
- Go head to Repet-to(e) and pack a punch with leather and lace from Roslyn, swing into the seventies with Ariane Prewitt and get in on the up-and-coming from Emerging Thoughts.
- Lunchtime! Will you take down a twist on an old classic from Mrs. Dorsey’s Grilled Cheese, bagels and lox from Alaskan Salmon or chicken and waffles (exclusive to Dose!) from Brown Bag Lunch Truck?
- Boogie with the sickest sound machines around from Artpentry and enjoy on-the-spot-art-making from our artist this month, Villian Affair.
- Jewel box need a kick? We’ve got your sparkle, girl, c/o Mineralogy, Wanderlustings, Chikahisa Studio, Dollybird and new Doser Leah Ball.
- And don’t go home without a mug of Chocolate Twist‘s hot cocoa and a hand-stitched kantha blanket from Dose Cause Hand and Cloth. Both are in the best interest of us all!
And don’t forget, HoliDose is December 9th!
Doser: Purple Door Ice Cream
Founders: Lauren and Steve Schultz
Why we love them: I scream, you scream, who doesn’t love ice cream?! By way of Milwaukee, former teachers Laura and Steve Schultz have taken their love for creativity, learning and forward thinking from the classroom to the kitchen. In addition to more traditional flavors like chocolate and vanilla, Purple Door isn’t afraid to experiment –Pumpkin, Strawberry Sour Cream, Whiskey and Raspberry Green Tea — two scoops please!
Products: Super premium ice cream made with milk sourced from only the best Wisconsin dairies.
Doser: Pinch Spice Market
Founder: Thomas McGee and Mike Mueller
Why we love them: A dash here, a dash there, we use Pinch Spice Market’s custom spice blends to jazz up everything from our morning oatmeal to that tricky tagine recipe we’ve been trying to perfect for months. We are particularly fond of the Ras El Hanout — a custom blend of 26 spices (yes, 26!) — thoroughly researched, tested and of course tasted, to create the perfect marriage of seasonings.
Products: Organic spices, herbs and custom blends (whole or ground) packaged in bottles or weighed out to your liking. Pinch is the ideal spot to shop for those hard-to-find spices and herbs.
Doser: SuckerPunch Gourmet
Founder: David van Alphen
Why we love them: It all started with perfecting the pickle, then the pickle brine, combine those with a little tomato juice and you get a perfect blend of spice for bloody mary mix. There isn’t a condiment out there SuckerPunch can’t make better. With ingredients you can recognize, much less pronounce, each product packs a powerful (excuse the pun) PUNCH to the palate.
Products: Gourmet, small batch pickles, brine, bloody mary mix, and ketchup — all hand crafted right here in the Windy City.
Founders: Pat and Ellie Mullins
Why we love them: Two words. BACON JAM. A true labor of love, this sweet, smokey treat is so popular Pat and Ellie had to institute “Bacon Jam Sundays” — one per person & first come first serve. Your go-to grocer in Southwest Michigan, LOCAL showcases the best local meats, cheeses and seasonal produce.
Products: Small batch charcuterie, 100% grass fed beef (from Pat’s family farm), artisanal bread, cheese, produce and of course, bacon.
Doser: Journeyman Distillery
Founder: Bill Welter
Why we love them: Oh my Old Country Goodness do we love Journeyman’s adventurous spirit(s). Using grains sourced from organic farms right here in the Midwest, a cocktail menu and historic tasting room to boot, Journeyman Distillery has made it hard for us not to consider every hour, cocktail hour.
Products: Handcrafted, organic artisan spirits with a focus on whiskey –all distilled in the historic Featherbone Factory in Three Oaks, Michigan.
Doser: The Sugar Path
Founder: Michelle L. Adams
Why we love them: Let your nose lead you down The Sugar Path. Upon arrival you’ll find the source of all those delicious scents in the form of decadent pies in a variety of flavors and sizes. European bittersweet chocolate, a splash of whiskey and walnuts all drizzled in a house made hot fudge…we had NO problem wrangling a few friends to share a Cowboy Pie.
Products: Whole pies, mini pies, slices of pie, The Sugar Path is paved with locally sourced ingredients and an ever-evolving menu of sweet treats.
Doser: Chocolate for the Spirit
Founder: Julie Bolejack
Why we love them: We all know chocolate is good for the spirit and Bolejack’s award-winning artisan chocolates are no exception. We love the sweet, salty combination of Beauty Bark — infusing a warming spice blend with dried fruit, exotic nuts and Himalayan salt — we’ll happily incorporate a bite into our morning beauty routine.
Products: Truffles, toffee, bon bons, white chocolate, dark chocolate, what doesn’t Chocolate for the Spirit make?! Each beautifully packaged — using the finest Swiss chocolate — each bite is truly an indulgence for the soul.
Founder: Bruce Cost
Why we love them: Bruce Cost is a ginger guru — he wrote an ENTIRE book on the good-for-you root. This ginger ale doesn’t mess around. Using only unfiltered real ginger and pure cane sugar, Fresh Ginger Ale is as uncomplicated as it is refreshing. Added bonus – it makes for a great cocktail mixer.
Products: Unfiltered ginger ale (one of the ONLY on the market made with real ginger!) in four flavors: Original, Jasmine Tea, Pomegranate with Hibiscus and Passion Fruit with Yellow Ginger (Turmeric).