Get Dosed! | November 11th
Ushering in the season with a cornucopia of fantastic foods and fabulous fashions, here’s your extra-potent recipe for stress-free holiday entertaining starting with a trip to Dose on 11.11:
28 Food Dosers
32 Fashion Dosers
A whole lotta love
A partridge in a pear tree (optional)
1. Take down a complimentary cerveza from 5 Rabbit Brewery or punch it up with Femme du Coupe … we hear she’s spiked the punch bowl!
2. Wear your finest for a photo-session with Mammothbooth and Kinfolk Magazine designer Amanda Jane Jones; these two will set you up with sleek, custom letterpress holiday cards ready to send.
3. Throw a little Grade A Michigan Maple Syrup from Thornburg & Co. on top of your sweet potatoes or wow em’ with a spread from Fayette Creamery (uh oh, your guests may never want to leave.)
4. Combine a C/FAN hand knit rabbit fur beanie with one Andrea Reynders sculpted wool jacket and add an embellished collar from Atelier AZZA to keep things on the bling-side.
5. Spruce up your digs with the coolest colors and shapes from abstract artist Lauren Zens and peruse a collection of highly-curated Chicago art care of Cureeo before making a choice selection for your home.
6. Snap up a gorgeous bunch of autumnal bouquets for your table from absolutely delightful florist Forget Me Knodt.
7. Take a break! Cozy up along the Riverwalk with a steaming mug of velvety hot chocolate from Chocolate Twist, pair it with a cream puff from Eclair Bakeryand then get back to prepping.
8. Sweeten your table with textiles from Milkhaus Design before snagging one of her uber functional hand dyed oversized clutches; and don’t forget a deluxe duffel from Teamwork Bags for those long winter weekends away.
9. Bling it up with Veruca Chocolates’ chocolate gelt dusted in gold (!) and don’t forget to taste as you go.
10. Mix in subtle sparkle from Toki, myNoma, Winifred Grace and Dollybird to make sure you’re the most stand out babe at the ball.
11. Serve up a bowl of soul satisfying soup from Karl’s Craft Soup or slow cooked pulled pork and hickory smoked brisket from Brown Bag Lunch Truck to quell any rumbly tummies.
12. Finally, take away a piece of personalized prose from Poems While You Wait and blow your guests away with the sweetest toast to the season.
The full lineup, below!
Get advance tix now and let Dose help you kick off the season in style without ruffling your feathers.
What: Dose, serving up the finest food and fashion in Chicago (dosemarket.com)
When: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.
Where: River East Art Center, 435 E. Illinois St. (312-321-1001;rivereastartcenter.com)
Transportation: Nearest El stop at Grand Red Line. Parking in the REAC garage for $6.
Price: $10 admission at the door or $8 online at dosemarket.com/tickets
Don’t forget, HoliDose is December 9th!