Get Dosed! | March 11th
Feeling lucky? You will after getting Dosed on Sunday, March 11. Follow our ten steps to hit the jackpot:
1. Swill a Half Acre brew, then bite into one of Spencer’s beautiful bacon and egg sandwiches.
2. Gentlemen, gear up for Spring at Sir & Madame and Apartment Number 9.
3. Conjure your inner hippie with some Wild Child granola, then tuck into a treat from Babushka Bakery.
4. Get clean with DIRT’s delicious body scrubs packed with mint, raspberry seeds and more.
5. Stock your cupboards with vintage Dinner Party glasses to clink at your next get-together before a stop at Atelier AZZA to pick up the perfect thing to wear.
6. Taste-test City Olive oils, Rare Bird Preserves, Local Folks’ salsas and Stu’s Bloody Marys.
7. Be the first to try Great Lake’s newest bread project; go Southern with Big Jones’ gumbo and grits.
8. Pick up brandied cherries from Mess Hall and rare spices from Spices of Lezzet.
9. Stack on the sparkle with necklaces, earrings and rings from Luxemi, Zora and Ladysmith.
10. Deck out the wee ones (or those soon to arrive) in Twotara’s too-cute pink-to-blue onesies.
Then, turn it up to eleven! Rock out your pad with hip home goods from Industrial Evolution, Artpentry and Agent Gallery.
And there’s more — much more. The full list of March 11 Dosers is below:
What: Dose, a monthly food and fashion market (dosemarket.com)
When: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.; one Sunday per month thereafter
Where: River East Art Center, 435 E. Illinois St. (312-321-1001; rivereastartcenter.com)
Transportation: Nearest El stop at Grand Red Line. 4-hour parking for $6 with Dose validation in the Parkview garage (456 E. Illinois St.; before the light at Peshtigo Ct.).
Price: $10 admission at the door; $8 pre-orders at dosemarket.com/tickets