Get Dosed | October 16th
The best Dose yet, October 16th
Hello, October! With the leaves turning, the pumpkins blossoming and the weather treating us to an extra-special Indian summer, get ready to rock it at the best Dose yet, this Sunday, October 16th.
Gentleman’s Boombox will be pumping tunes through the River East Art Center, Half Acre will be pouring beer, and Buckshot Sonny’s, Sir & Madame, Oak Street Bootmakers and others will be catering to our fine contingent of manly Dose shoppers.
Read on for more about what’s going down on 10/16 at the River East Art Center, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Dose:
- Floriole is bringing a slew of sweets and savories to get you through the day: pecan sticky buns, quiche, pizzetas, galettes, tartines and more
- Saigon Sisters will serve its superlative banh mi, spring rolls, papaya salad and che, a sweet, soupy and addictive Vietnamese dessert
- X-Marx and Jo Snow join forces, bringing the soda fountain funk with Jo’s new Cola #6, Sass! Root Beer & Kickin’ Cream Soda to complement X-Marx’s tuna melts, caramel apples and more
- Alaskan Salmon is back with more delicious smoked salmon to pair with New York Bagel + Bialy bagels and Zingerman’s cream cheese
- Indiana’s 240sweet introduces artisanal s’mores, marshmallows and hot chocolate to the Chicago market
- Mayana Chocolate brings back the sell-out Dose Bar and other chocolate delights
- Salted Caramel debuts its pretzel-graham toffee, Salted Caramel cocoa mix and salted bourbon caramel sauce
- Star Lounge brews a sweet seasonal coffee (think rosemary mocha), along with espresso shots and pour-overs
- Chalk boutique brings the best of its fine fall ready-to-wear to stock your closets with the very best designer pieces
- Samantha Sleeper takes orders for Holiday and Spring 2012 while launching her new collection of luxe leather and lace handbags and iPad cases
- Abigail Glaum-Lathbury re-envisions jacket and dress silhouettes with Elmidae’s fall looks and accessories
- Petiole NYC (two-thirds of whom are Chicago girls) brings its line of sleek silk, wardrobe-building pieces
- Art comes cross-country from Santa Fe’s Marji Gallery, selling fascinating new artists’ affordably priced, apartment-sized pieces
- Houndstooth Vintage launches with an all-new collection of vintage furniture and home goods from one of the best vintage hounds in town, Andrew Schultz
- Nicolet Candle Company brings made-in-Chicago soy candles in intoxicating fall scents like ginger-fig and lavender-basil
- Morlen Sinoway is poised to make a big splash, Dosing for the first time with his accessories and tabletop collections
As for our Dose Cause this month, pick up a Dose-curated tee from Chicago Bulls player Kyle Korver’s tee line, Seer Outfitters. Co-founder (and brother) Klayton Korver will see that your purchase supports a most worthy cause, underprivileged children.
So, come to River East on Sunday, stock your pantry with the city’s best kitchen provisions, treat yourself to sweets, and celebrate the season with us in fine style at Dose Market!
Bonus! Our 100% recycled, limited-edition Totes Heart Dose totes will be for sale at the ticket counter for $5 with your ticket purchase. Get advanced online tickets here for $8: dose tix.
What: Dose, a monthly food and fashion market (dosemarket.com)
When: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.; one Sunday per month thereafter
Where: River East Art Center, 435 E. Illinois St. (312-321-1001; rivereastartcenter.com)
Transportation: Nearest El stop at Grand Red Line. 4-hour parking in the Parkview garage (456 E. Illinois) for $6 with Dose validation.
Price: $10 admission at the door; $8 pre-orders at https://dosemarket.com/tickets