Get Dosed! | Sunday, October 14
Allow us to count the ways in which October’s Dose delivers a love-filled, whiskey-drinking, heart-warming, scarf-wrapping autumn! It’s going to be a fall fete at the River East Art Center on October 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. as we welcome a slew of debut Dosers and Dose favorites rockin’ the freshest batches of food and fashion.
- First things first! Relish in the flavors of fall with cider cocktails from Journeyman Distillery or a pour of killer pumpkin ale from Greenbush Brewing – gratis, as always.
- Next, wake up with coffee and delights from new kid on the block, Gaslight Coffee Roasters, or chill out with an all-natural passion fruit ginger ale from Bruce Cost Ginger Ale.
- Turn it up on the homefront and funkify your pad with the cool utilitarian designs of merkled – or go midcentury with Circa Modern.
- Plan to dazzle dinner guests with Greta de Parry’s gorgeous tree-ring cutting boards and custom-designed Americana dishware (plus!) from Yearbook.
- Delight in dessert with an apple cinnamon scone from bake and a scoop of salted caramel ice cream from Wisconsin’s Purple Door Ice Cream.
- Entertain your tastebuds with Lucila’s Homemade decadent dulce de leche and a dose of Salty Honey pie straight from The Sugar Path.
- Get slick with supreme, US-produced selvedge from the Motor City’s unstoppable Detroit Denim Co. and dig in to the made in the USA collection of men’s apparel and accessories from Inland Clothing.
- What do you get when you pair two of Chicago’s prevailing style destinations? Apartment Number 9 and p.45 team up to deliver the best in mens and womens fashion in a pop-up boutique of epic proportions — only at Dose.
- Satisfy the healthy-eater inside you with raw delights and breakfast bites from Green Spirit Living and Organola Granola then soak up Peeled’s decidedly good for you juices (and champagne sorbet).
- Amp up your look with ready-to-wear from the fall collection of Dose newcomer Caroline Borucki and score uptown essentials with a downtown edge from Samantha Sleeper.
- Next, snag the perfect autumn accoutrement — rockstar clutches from Lisa Kingsley, pure silk scarves from the Janice Collection and the precious woven woolens of APORTA.
- In search of a Halloween costume to rival them all? This Dose will showcase the slickest collection of one-of-a-kind, ready-to-wear costumes for men and women care of first-timer Silver Moon Vintage.
- And what’s Dose without the love? Since there’s no better place to socialize, send some love via crush@Dose and anonymously invite your heart’s desire to the next Market. We’ll let cupid take over from there.
What: Dose, serving up the finest food and fashion in Chicago (dosemarket.com)
When: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.
Where: River East Art Center, 435 E. Illinois St. (312-321-1001; rivereastartcenter.com)
Transportation: Nearest El stop at Grand Red Line. Parking in the REAC garage for $6.
Price: $10 admission at the door or $8 online at dosemarket.com/tickets